In case you are looking for a homemade substitute for baby food available in the market, then you should know that there are a wide variety of options for you. A homemade concoction that is made after giving due consideration to the baby’s age and other health conditions is always a very healthy option. Although mother’s milk provides wholesome nutrition for the baby in the first few months, it is usually after 4 or 5 months that the baby needs to be introduced to some solid foods, like mashed fruits and cereals.
Some Tips on Cooking Methods
Homemade baby food can be a great option, but you need to be very careful with the preparation. Here are some pointers to help you guide with the cooking methods to be used while preparing baby food at home.
- Keep the kitchen area sparkling clean, and sterilize all the appliances and surfaces with hot water.
- Thoroughly clean forks, mashers, strainers, steamers, blenders, and all the utensils with hot water regularly before and after use.
- Use clean and fresh ingredients that have been prescribed by your physician.
- Make sure to educate yourself about the foods that are allowed at various age groups.
- Try different nutritious options to figure out the foods that suit your baby the best.
- Last but not the least, maintain high standards of personal hygiene.
Now, here are some interesting recipes for your babies, which you can easily make at home. Make sure to consult your physician and ensure that these recipes are right for your baby’s age and health.
Banana and Oats Surprise
This recipe can be perfect for babies within the age group of 4 to 6 months. It is easy to prepare and can be a great way to introduce your baby to solid foods.
- Water, ¾ cup
- Ground oats, ¼ cup
- Mashed banana, 1 tbsp.
- Grind the oats in a blender or mixer. Then, take some water in a clean pan and boil them.
- Ensure to stir constantly and simmer the mixture for around 10 minutes.
- Allow the oats to cool down to room temperature and add the mashed bananas.
- You can also add in some formula or mother’s milk if you want to.
Baby’s Lentil Veggie Rice Delight
This can be a perfect recipe for babies in the age group of 8 to 10 months. The lentils are a great source of protein, rice provides the carbs and essential minerals, whereas the carrots and beans are rich sources of essential vitamins.
- Beans, 8 – 10 pieces
- Carrot, 1
- Rice, 100 g
- Lentils, 50 g
- First of all, wash the carrots and beans in hot water to ensure that they are free of any external impurities.
- Similarly, wash the rice and lentils quickly in water.
- Add the veggies, rice, and lentils in a clean utensil and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Ensure that the rice, lentils, as well as veggies get thoroughly cooked.
- Once the ingredients are cooked adequately, use a blender to make a mashed puree of the ingredients.
- Add a minute pinch of salt and mix thoroughly.
So, do try the above recipes and share your experiences with me. Your feedback is highly valued. Of course, you can try your own permutations and combinations while trying the above-mentioned recipes. Enjoy!