- Call the department of Education and get all the information and forms. Public school curricula and homeschooling rules are different in every State and county.
- Decide if it is really best for your child and consult the matter with other parents.
- Visit the local Public school and discuss the option with them.
- Visit a local homeschool community and discuss it with them as well.
- After you obtain all the information sit down with your children and family and discuss it.
- Wait some time and above all be patient. These decisions take time.
The average homeschool family spends about $500 per student per year for books and materials.[:]